Minister for Home Affairs, Minister for Justice and Minister for Defence Materiel Jason Clare will today travel to the United States to meet with senior US legal, national security and Defense officials.
Mr Clare will meet with:
• Mr Eric Holder, United States Attorney General
• Ms Janet Napolitano, Secretary of Department of Homeland Security
• Dr Ashton Carter, Deputy Secretary of Defense
• Mr Frank Kendall, Under Secretary for Defense and Acquisition, Technology and Logistics
• Mr Sean Stackley, Assistant Secretary of Navy for Research, Development and Acquisition
• Mr John Morton, Director, US Immigration and Customs Enforcement
• Mr Gil Kerlikowske, Director of National Drug Control Policy
• Mr Sean Joyce, Deputy Director of the FBI
• Mr Thomas Brandon, Deputy Director of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives
• VADM David Venlet, Program Executive Officer, Joint Strike Fighter Program
• RADM David Johnson, Program Executive Officer Submarines
While in the United States Mr Clare will attend a roundtable with representatives of the Departments of Justice, State and Treasury to discuss issues around transnational organised crime.
Mr Clare will also visit General Dynamics Electric Boat, who are responsible for the design, build and support of submarines to the US Navy.
Mr Clare will also attend the Australian American Leadership Dialogue.
Media contact: Annie Williams 02 6277 7290