The annual Defence Employer Support Awards has recognised leading employers across Australia for their contribution and support to Australian Defence Force (ADF) reservists.
Minister for Veterans’ Affairs and Minister for Defence Personnel Andrew Gee said the awards showcase employers that have demonstrated outstanding support to their staff who conduct ADF service.
“The Australian Government recognises and values the contribution made by ADF reservists and their employers to Defence capability,” Minister Gee said
“Across Australia, we have more than 28,000 active ADF reservists who contribute vital skills and capability to the Defence of our nation.
“Having workplaces that support reservists ensures that they can perform a variety of roles to help the ADF respond quickly and effectively in a time of crisis.
“Our reservists are a highly skilled, dynamic and disciplined workforce, whose service to our country during the unprecedented circumstances of COVID-19 pandemic was made possible by the support of employers.
“I commend the award-winning organisations and all the nominees for their continued support of our ADF reservists and their communities across Australia.”
The winners of the 2021 National Employer Support Awards are:
- BHP, Western Australia—large private sector organisation
- CSR Cemintel, New South Wales—medium private sector organisation
- MV2, South Australia—small private sector organisation
- Westmead Hospital, Emergency Department, New South Wales—public sector organisation, and
- Careflight Limited, New South Wales—not-for-profit organisation.
Honourable mentions also went to:
- INLOC International, Queensland— a medium private sector organisation, and
- WA Association for Mental Health, Western Australia—a not-for-profit organisation.
Defence provides direct support to reservist civilian employers through the Employer Support Payment Scheme and a range of engagement programs and activities.
Find out more at www.defencereservessupport.gov.au
Media can access imagery at https://images.defence.gov.au/S20213665