Related ministers and contacts
Senator the Hon Linda Reynolds CSC
Minister for Defence Industry
5 April 2019
Minister for Defence Industry, Senator the Hon Linda Reynolds CSC, has announced seven new recipients of the Defence Industry Service Commendation.
The Defence Industry Service Commendation is an initiative launched by the Liberal National Government in 2018, which recognises outstanding achievements and dedication in the application of skills, judgement and innovation in the defence industry sector.
Minister Reynolds said that in order to continue growing a sovereign defence industry, it was important to recognise the hard work and commitment of those in defence industry working to the benefit of Australia’s defence capability while also contributing to creating Australian jobs and economic growth.
“I congratulate and thank each of today’s Defence Industry Service Commendation recipients for their contributions to building an agile and resilient Australian defence industry in support of delivering capability to our defence force,” Minister Reynolds said.
The following people have been awarded a Defence Industry Service Commendation:
- Kym Osley, Director, Management Consulting, Price Waterhouse Coopers
- Jim Burnside, General Manager, Engineering, ASC Pty. Ltd.
- Mark Power, Director, Power Initiatives
- Tim Hill, Manager, Operational Period Maintenance, ASC Pty. Ltd.
- Neil Matthews, Senior Manager, Advanced Technology and Engineering Solutions, RUAG Australia Pty. Ltd.
- Paul Montgomery, Workshop Manager, BlueZone Group
- The Hunter Class Frigate Program team, BAE Systems Australia Ltd.
For more information about nominations and eligibility for the DISC visit: www.business.gov.au/Centre-for-Defence-Industry-Capability/News-events-and-resources/Defence-Industry-Service-Commendation
Other related releases
Brisbane soldiers bid farwell ahead of Iraqi deployment
Construction of the Defence High Performance Computing Centre
Navy Embarks on Major IT Overhaul
RAAF receives latest P-8A Poseidon aircraft